Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Betty Baker

Do you ever just feel like baking?
Yesterday I was stuck inside because of the rain and needed something to do... I played with the wii fit for a while but I was still wanting to do something so I wandered into the kitchen looking for food, which is what I do when I'm bored- eat! Then I decided to cook! First I made some red beans and rice with sausage... wasn't exactly an adventure but they were yummy! It was then that I noticed we had three boxes of cake... ideas, ideas....
I pulled out the dark chocolate cake and wondered what I would use for icing so I googled recipes, an idea I got from some very dear friends of mine. I found a recipe for chocolate-amaretto icing... I LOVE AMARETTO! I figured we had it because we make amaretto ice cream in the summer so I started to make it! Lo and behold we had no amaretto... so I substituted it with Baileys! The reciped was a mixture of powdered sugar, butter, amaretto (in my case Baileys), cocoa, and coffee! I spiced it up a bit by adding a package of chocolate pudding and a little milk- wow the cake was INCREDIBLE! Very rich due to the Baileys but oh so good! (even better on vanilla ice cream!)
Call me chef B!

No comments: