Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our Heart's Longings

I haven't written in forever so...



I just finished a book in 24 hours! I highly recommend it! It's by Mike Bickle, from IHOP- Kansas City and its called The Seven Longings of the Human Heart. The book opened my eyes as to how we were created (in God's image) and how we reflect His desires. It brought me to my knees in repentance several times and deepened my love for Him, on so many levels!



The 7 longings are:

1. The longing to be fascinated

2. The longing to be enjoyed

3. The longing to be beautiful

4. The longing for greatness

5. The longing for intimacy without shame

6. The longing to be whole-hearted

7. The longing to make a lasting impact



It explains so much, right? We all in some way or another long for all seven of these things and Bickle proves this through God's word. On so many occasions we repent for the desire for these things but they aren't sinful in any way! He made us people of promise- why would we need to repent of these things? There is however one thing, all of us do, that must be repented of and that is trying to fulfill these desires through other things, whether in relationships, possessions, self-promotion, etc. God is the only One that can truly make our hearts glad in fulfilling these desires! He put them there so that we may draw near to Him! WE ARE HIS BELOVED AND HIS DESIRE IS FOR US! Wow!



God is so good! I praise you Father! You are my Hero Jesus! I worship and adore you! ha ha- woo!



Yes, I'm sure we've heard these things before in a pastor's sermon or from other books and things, but has it really hit your heart? I guess its all about the Lord's timing because Ive known these things for quite some time now. When I read Bickle's book my heart was enlightened and my eyes were opened! So, with that, I will close singing a song by Kelanie Gloeckler....



I am my beloved's and He is mine.

I am my beloved's and He is mine,

His banner over me is love!

How high,

How wide,

Is this love that's holding me.

My soul is free.

To know the one who gave Himself for me.

To deeply drink from the well of life and never thirst again.

To be perfectly loved,

To abandon myself to Him!

No comments: