Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Transition- the way of Heaven?

The past year has been- hmm... whats the right word- life altering! God just has a way of transition- if there's anything that I've definitely grasped it would be that His ways are not our ways. I mean I could get a glimpse of something ahead,knowing its from Him but never encompass what all goes into it- His plans are far too great for our minds to fully take it in! Plus, I think He likes to show off so when we think something looks a certain way He switches it up on us- it most definitely keeps us on our knees, in reliance upon Him. We must remain faithful because He is and trust Him, which in my case has not been easy. Trusting is letting go!

In the past year things have shifted in my family, my brother's back home and I moved in with my dad and step mom (for those of you who truly know me that move was not easy)! I've quit my job and gone back to school to finish a degree that i started 3 years ago. These are just a few of the many things that have changed over the course of 12 months.

Through it all though my identity in Him has drastically changed. I'm a daughter of the Most High, my inheritance is in Heaven (what a great inheritance it is too), His Love for me is so great! His love for you is so great! Jesus' death brought me life but His resurrection brought me power! The revelation of me being His bride, what He longs for has openned my eyes and taken me to a new level. I'm not content just staying where I'm at- I WANT MORE OF JESUS! He's coming for a pure and spotless bride, therefore I want to be pure and spotless. Wash me with Your word, create in me a pure heart, renew in me a right spirit! I want to take the journey of love that was sung in Song of Solomon- I want to mature as His bride.

There's a book I read, Hinds Feet in High Places, I highly recommend it! Its about her journey to the "high places" with the Lord. Her story is a tale of struggle, suffering, pain, healing, renewal, and hope. On her way to the high places she takes a turn, one that looks as if she were headed the wrong way. She had to go through the desert place to reach the promised land! The desert place is a wilderness, a dry and weary land. I believe that this place is also a place of rest, a place for Him to restore, refresh, and renew... its a place our mindset is changed, where our weaknesses outway our strengths. Its a place you have to fight to find Him, but His word says that when we seek Him we will find Him. He likes to play hide-n-seek but in the wilderness its your turn to seek and His turn to hide.

For all of you who feel as if you're there, in a place of transition, or the wilderness... have hope! God is faithful to complete the work He's started in us all! We are more than conquerors! Keep on keeping on!

I love Jesus!

No comments: